Wednesday, January 19, 2011

American Idol 2011...

Did you watch it? Did you laugh? Do you love Steven Tyler and J-Lo?


Yes, Yes and Yes!

Here are my brief thoughts...

1. Steven Tyler is totally hilarious and I will totally enjoy him through out the show. He not only had me, my husband and my sister cracking up...but all those people in the audition room that you can't see, but can hear...I have loved him forever and his stint on AI (so far) will only make me love him more!

2. J-Lo. I am a fan of her music...well, the first few albums she put out...FAN. I like her movies. I liked her as a fly girl on In Living Color (oh you bet I watched that show). I was a bit concerned about her high maintenance-ness for AI, but I was surprised. She did not bug me in the least. Paula drove me crazy and I always wanted to punch Kara in the face...J-Lo, I 'll keep her (for now).

3. Randy is Randy...he's the same...but bugged me a bit less with these 2 by his side...so time will tell.

4. They let WAY too many people through. They haven't learned to say no yet...I think by the next few cities they will.

5...Favorite thing of the night...The girl with the flower dress that had the really annoying talking voice but sang fine...her age: 16 3/4 (yes, she put 3/4)...I about died...really? If you know who I am talking about...the whole 3/4 thing is even more awesome because she is totally the type of girl that would say she is 16 and 3/4.

Hope you enjoyed....should be a fun season!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Wow, it's hard to believe it's time for AI already, although I am definitely ready. I was really pleasantly surprised with Steven and J-Lo as well. I agree - way too many going to Hollywood, so you know there will be major cuts once they get there, but at least they are going to Hollywood! Definitely some good singers, so I'm looking forward to the next few weeks of auditions. The actually competition in Hollywood starts Feb. 16th, so let's enjoy the journey.

Jo-Dan said...

Steven Tyler was fun, but he makes no sense sometimes. And it felt like they put every single person through. I remember in years past when it was a shock to get 10 out of one city, but this year it will shock me if there is less than 50 per city. But I also like that this group of judges is not so concerned about the X factor...they are sending some goofy people through and not even commenting on their image. Simon never would have let that fly...