Wednesday, July 14, 2010

and then there were 7...sort of.

This year's theme should have been "last uninjured dancer standing wins"...now poor Ashley did something to her ribs. My guess is, she will be back next week just fine...of course, I could really care less about her...so whatever. I am glad she is out for another reason...hiphop routine with Jose and Dominick...nice!


First up Lauren doing a tahitian dance...first time on SYTYCD...all I can say is HOT.HOT.HOT. Maybe if I could learn to shake my hips that way they would get a wee bit smaller:) I love how the majority of her booty shakin' is turned towards the crowds. Girl rocked that dance. It is pretty amazing that she moved her body the way that girls practice for years...I LOVED it!

Adechike doing Salsa with poor Anya who has to do 2 dances tonight. I'm not sure if Anya's grimmace is because she is struggling or fearing for her life with the lifts and such Adechike is doing. It looked a bit rough to me. Nigel is praising...but the things he is praising are more on Anya's side. Interesting...every week they bag on Adechike and I get so mad, but this week they are giving him more positive and I didn't really like it...oh well!

Jose doing Broadway. I'm usually not a fan of the broadway pieces...but Jose was A.mazing. He totally danced like a broadway dancer and I totally need to BOO Nigel. I thought he did great! Boo hiss...Nigel. I feel a little bad for the choreographer. Wow...after listening to the judges I feel like I should erase my comments and start over...oh well...I really, really liked it!

Robert doing contemporary. Maybe a little similar to the cancer routine from last year. Do you love how Robert is even dressed like Travis?! That was a phenomenal routine...I just wish that Robert hadn't danced it. And the judges are crying...and Robert is pulling out the fake tears. I actually watched Allison the whole time...she is amazing...and you can tell she felt it...I don't but it from him...sorry...don't like him. Ok...mia is makin' this hard for me even...good night people...why couldn't another guy dance this.?

Billy doing jive. I think this may be Billy's last week. The judges have been hard on him all season...and America doesn't seem to love him either. It was fine for me. Here we go again...the judges trash him every week when I like him and now they are praising and I'm fairly ho hum.

Kent doing Broadway (with a boy:). I bet they had some good fun in practice...just sayin. Cute. Mostly because I LOVE these 2 boys...and so do the tweens! Yeah for praise for Kent!!! I'm with Mia...I LOVE boys too! Hurray!

Lauren and Billy doing jazz. Love this song. Lauren is freakin' adorable...I just love her. She has the cutest personality and it totally came flying out here...Billy did great too! yeah for good comments from the judges too! Hurray for a great routine...so fun!

Jose doing a Nappytabs (second boy/boy routine for them...but this time they ain't workin' with a ballet dancer...can Jose do better then sweet Alex who I am missing so terribly tonight?) I love Dominic. And I am loving that they have Legacy and some other guy there too. Ok...that was pah.retty cool to see a choreographed b-boy routine...I will say (and I love Jose) Dom's a better breaker/dancer. The beginning was Awe.some...my favorite part of the whole routine. I really liked it a lot...very cool to see..however...I liked the Alex routine better...totally different I know...but better...this was great though...don't get me wrong. Kinda interesting to think...we expect the breakers to do every type of dance but never have the contemporary dancers pull a break dance card...maybe we should. (and we will ignore the whole dominic running off the stage with the "sword" that the judges made a huge deal about like a bunch of 5th graders).

Kent and Adechike doing contemporary. Mia's gonna have her "I love boys" for the hrid time tonight. My tv just went dark in the middle of this routine and I am about to CRY because I was LOVING it. Kent is the best dancer...ever....I just love this kid and I am about so sad that it cut out. I could care less to see Robert's routine with whoever he ended up dancing with...dang it. Ahhh man...I really wanted to hear what the judges said...someone fill me in:)


Alright...I guess that's all I get...boo.

Remember...Ashley WILL BE in the bottom 3...so just give your bottom 2 and who is going home!

5 comments:

Mama Thompson said...

Bottom:
Ashley
Adechike
Billy ('cause I don't know what else to do)

Going home: Adechike

Jaymerz said...

Ashley
Billy (I didn't think the jive was that good either and it bugged me when they praised him)
and
Adechike

Going home: Billy

Hildamae said...

Ashley
Billy
Jose

Going home: Billy

Carol said...

I thought it was a really good shows (other than the fact that I'm not crazy for disco). I don't think any of the dancers did poorly - far from it (except the judges really dished on Jose for his lack of personality in the Broadway number - but he definitely redeemed himself in the HipHop dance with Dominic - so I can't see him in the bottom 3). Normally I don't care for Broadway routines, but Kent ("MVP") and Neil did a great job. So, who will be in the bottom 3?
Ashley (that was easy)
Adechike
Robert (his contemporary was great, but the disco was just so so)
going home: Ashley

Jo-Dan said...

For some reason my TIVO cut out part of the show, and it's not even recording tonight's show so I will just have to wait until TT updates to blog to find out who is gone.

Bottom 3:
Ashley
Robert
Billy

Going home: Ashley